Defamation on Facebook

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Defamation on Facebook
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
bini
326 Posts
35 Thanks

Hi

Same 4 bedroom house I am talking about , old tenant got section 21 due to condensation and eventually moved into council housing ( that exactly what she was wanting!) I used to find tenants through Facebook and through my current tenants. This time I advertised on openrent and Facebook and within hours that tenant's friends ( 4 or 5 - including 2 ex boyfriends or father of the children in the property) were defaming me and my property on Facebook , I didn't comment or clarify, I didn't want to put myself in that level. It's been going on since last 36 hours , the group of 4-5 got slightly bigger into 6-7 where some of them saying they had a worst landlady etc .. they are also posting my property pics with mould. It's not bad , but it's a mould pics , also claiming it's a damp and children got seriously ill due to this property etc...
good thing is while this drama was on , my former tenants phoned me or what's app me saying we just want you to be aware of this slander. We won't believe a word. Etc and the had two viewings done through the same Fb chat ( working couple - applied already ) and Lha tenants definitely wants it. So practically it didn't harm me but this is something I have never delt with. Someone still asking to view so I politely said got the application already , and that group started again , how irresponsible this landlady is , how an earth she can rent this kind of property and get away with it etc ...
Any experience any body ?
My hubby is always against the Fb but I have rent successfully many properties through Fb so why not Fb ?

15/02/2017 23:28

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband