possible deposit dispute help please

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion possible deposit dispute help please
E
eitsop
5 Posts
0 Thanks

hi
i am new both to the site and relatively new as a landlord i rented out my former home to a tenant who ended up staying 4 years. Before they moved in the house was redecorated and re carpeted throughout as i had wood floors and rugs previously.

we had arranged mutually for handing over of the keys and a walk through. On arrival nothing had been removed from the property and my partner was told to wait while they started . We had previously told the tenants of a hospital appointment that day which made it impossible to wait ( appointment was over 150 miles away ) we informed them that this was not possible and left .We rearranged a time for key collection and walk through . The property was fifthly rubbish in the garden ... holes in all carpets.mould up walls and windows unknown to us they had installed cables and moved from their business premises to the house with their company.

While i realise that wear and tear in a home is expected i am left with fixing the damp problem caused by their drying of washing on radiators although being asked not to and provided with a dehumidifier to use a hob with food so burnt in as to be un acceptable to a new tenant and need replacing When we cleaned the carpets we found holes in all of then as well as countless stains

in the contract it stated about leaving the property clean windows cleaned garden tidy and carpets cleaned.

so can i charge the tenant
for cleaning of carpet?
replacing the carpet?
cleaning of mould off the windows?
remedy for the damp on walls?
replacing the hob?
cleaning of the bathroom
replacing the urine covered bathroom covering?
cleaning of the whole house ?
while i realise i cannot charge them for installing cable against the terms in the contract
can i charge them for running a business from the house there fore increasing the footfall in the property which was rented as a home .

sorry loads of questions

17/02/2017 12:12

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband