House in dirty and neglected state.

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion House in dirty and neglected state.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Yorkshirespambo
38 Posts
1 Thanks

We have the keys back now and have been in the house this afternoon.

We had to return the deposit as it hadn't been put into a deposit scheme. We didn't know about this as estate agent didn't tell us when they passed the deposit and first month's payment to us.

The house is really dirty, old furniture and rubbish and litter have been left inside and outside and in the garage. Carpets will need replacing, probably all of them, and it will need completely redecorating. There is also damage to work-top, oven and curtain rail.

As the deposit has been returned and she is a single mother, with two children, I feel fairly certain would have no money if we were to sue her.I believe she receives tax credits.

It is so upsetting as we spent thousands on the house three years ago to bring the house up to a good standard for letting.

Is there any point in taking this any further? We need to get on with clearing it and get it put right as soon as we can to enable us to find new tenants, if we decide to let again.

I have taken photos inside and outside the property this afternoon and also the gas and electric meter readings.

We used an estate agent to find us this, our first tenant. Is there a better way of finding a tenant than this? We don't want to be having to deal with something like this again.

20/02/2017 20:51

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband