Squatters with a conscience?

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Squatters with a conscience?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mr Bad Example
3 Posts
0 Thanks

Good day all!

I'm having some issues with a tenant of mine and would like to hear other people's thoughts on the matter.

In November, I received notification from the council that my tenant's benefits had stopped due to her leaving the premises. I received a second letter from the council tax pretty much confirming the same thing advising me that the property is now vacant.

I confronted my tenant over this, and she claimed it was a mistake and she would sort it out.
Numerous e-mails and many lies later, it appears she has vacated the premises but her daughter and son-in-law are now living there. Rent is still getting paid to my bank account, but now in the name of the son-in-law.

The council still confirm that the legitimate tenant is no longer there and that nobody is paying council tax on the property. The legitimate tenant still maintains that she lives there.
I have so far been unable to get an answer to the door when visiting the property.

Am I now dealing with honest squatters?
I would appreciate any advice on how best to manage the situation.

Many thanks in advance!

28/02/2017 12:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband