Do I need HMO or studio flats?

You are here : Member Forums HMO Licensing Do I need HMO or studio flats?
7 Posts
0 Thanks

My company bought property, it is large 4 bedroom flat with large kitchen and living room.
We are planning to do refurbishment and transform it to 4 studio flats.

3 Studio flats will have separate kitchen, one studio will have kitchenette in the room. All kitchens will have oven, sink, washing machine.
All studios will be Ensuite, with showers and toilets.

Each flat will have independent fuse board.
Studios will be rent to individuals profesionals, preferably single person.

We are situated in Thurrock Council.

My question is, do we need HMO licence?
What we need to do from HMO perspective of terms of the fire regulations and certificates?

Can we start refurbishment without HMO licence? Do I need apply to local authority first?

What kind of plasterboard do we need for studio flats?

I will be really grateful for answer as it is first time when we will convert property to studio flats and unfortunatelly council is not really helpfull.

Kind Regards,


01/03/2017 15:50

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband

Share this page