Rent arrears and getting tenant to leave

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Rent arrears and getting tenant to leave
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
Hariba
6 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi,
my joint tenants (couple) started their tenancy 18th may 2016. There have been a few issues of late rent but they have always eventually paid it. The rental date is 25th of month. They are now on a rolling contract (started as 6 month short hold).

The rent from 25th January was not paid. I spoke to them several times and issued letters. There is also a guarantor (the lady's mum). The couple have now split up and the man has moved out. He has issued me with his notice of ending the contract as of 17th march which I accepted. He has already moved out and the lady is still there. He has paid his half of February rent to me. He said he paid his half of January to the lady and she did not pay me. The guarantor told me last week that she will pay all money due but this has still not happened.

The lady in the house has told me that she had no idea the man had given notice and that there is no way she can be out for 17th march. So my query is how to proceed with this? I have had various advice given that I should not accept any further rent after 17th march period or that I should tell her she is liable for double rent after this period and court costs for repossession.
Please can someone tell me what my next steps should be? Thank you

02/03/2017 09:38

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband