New Tenant has lost job after first month -advice please

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion New Tenant has lost job after first month -advice please
P
Play hard but be fair
39 Posts
1 Thanks

My new tenant (young family) paid the deposit and first months rent and all seemed well. Unfortunately he just lost his job and informed me he cannot pay the rent. I have a guarantor but the tenant has told me he will likely not pay up.

The tenant has been to the council for support and been given a lot of paperwork and told the process can take 6 weeks.

What are my options for putting in a place an eviction notice if the council falls through or don't offer to pay enough to cover the rent.

What about the guarantor - is it worth chasing. I read that this normally fails. We used the RLA templates for AST, deposit, guarantor etc so this should be correctly in place.

I am not necessarily looking to evict the tenants, just looking at what happens if he cannot find a job or the council refuses to application.

Thanks in advance

04/03/2017 13:04

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband