Newbie bravely entering the scary world of landlady!!!

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Newbie bravely entering the scary world of landlady!!!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Ooya-san
93 Posts
6 Thanks

I've just joined the RLA today (hooray)! as I've bought a tiny studio flat to let out and I want to avoid problems wherever possible. I've signed up for the beginners course etc.

I'm currently refurbishing and I know that decor must be very durable so I've gone overboard on tiling etc.
Could anyone kindly share any words of wisdom while the flat is unfinished so that I do the best/correct job?

I plan to soundproof one wall (shouldn't be expensive as using gyproc products), I'll install a murphy bed (it's a tiny studio flat) and the floor will be laminate covered with carpet tiles. I plan to let it unfurnished with all white goods except washing machine.

Wall coverings - not sure yet... is it OK to mount a large piece of plywood on the wall so the tenant can decorate it how they like etc etc ??

Thank you xx

08/03/2017 20:22

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions