Tenant check out and deposit return - elusive agent

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Tenant check out and deposit return - elusive agent
A
Accidental llord
19 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi

My tenants have asked to move out in early May. This is fine from my perspective.

I use an online agent to find tenants, issue a tenancy agreement, conduct check ins(and check outs) and lodge deposits. I have emailed my agent to notify them of my tenants' future check out (emailed deliberately as I am trying to keep a clear audit trail) and I haven't received a reply. To provide some context, I have used this agency to find three sets of tenants over a number of years but recently they have been a bit flaky so I am loathe to use them again. Also, the fee I paid them at the start of this tenancy should cover check out... I plan to call the agency next week, but having done some online research (companies house info etc) on the agency I worry that it may no longer be in business.

If this is the case, what can I do about the check out and getting my tenants' deposit back to them? If it helps, the deposit is registered with the DPS.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

25/03/2017 17:08

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband