Is it not time to have a Good an BadTenants Register to Protect Landlords?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Is it not time to have a Good an BadTenants Register to Protect Landlords?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Adam Sherridan
7 Posts
0 Thanks
In consideration of all the new legislation that puts an increased burden on the Landlord with the inclusion of suggesting that Landlords unlawfully withhold deposits without good cause. Isn't it time to find a way in reducing Landlords costs by making better informed decisions about the resident tenant, who may be going from one property to another, not paying rent and damaging the properties.

If we have a duty to provide a high standard of accommodation and be responsible for deposits, then surely there should be a better selective process to find worthy tenants.

I would be interested to find out if any other Landlords feel the same and if any association would be prepared to start up such a scheme.

I feel that this type of system would be win win for both Landlord and Tenant. Rents may not need to rise to facilitate loses. Tenants on this system with a good record may not need to pay the standard deposit. The Landlord would have security in the knowledge that they have a blue chip tenant, peace of mind and no added administration costs or charges.

One would think this would be a great marketing angle for an association, as I am sure, most professional Landlords would use this service.

31/03/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband