My neighbour has put up a chain......

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion My neighbour has put up a chain......
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
MintLeaf
4 Posts
0 Thanks

Help sought!!!!

I own my house in an un-gated private courtyard. The courtyard contains 4 houses and the entrance is un-gated (flanked by two metal posts). The courtyard is positioned at the end of a cul-de-sac and the odd car uses it as a turning circle.

While I had the house rented out to tenants one of the neighbours took the unilateral decision to hang a flimsy white plastic chain between the two metal posts.

We are now expected to keep this chain in situ at all times and must limbo under this chain (if walking into the courtyard) to reach our front door OR if we are driving we have to get out of the car and detach the chain / drive into/out of the courtyard / get out and reattach the chain / get into the car / park / get out and go to the front door. An entirely inconvenient and unsophisticated solution, for example, there is no sign saying ‘No Turning’!

I hate the chain - my permission was never sought and I am being vilified for not ‘obeying’ his rules and attaching/reattaching the chain. The chain was not there we I bought the house.

The other neighbours are 'sheeple' who abide by this rule for an easy life.

Yesterday - Sunday morning - I was verbally abused by this chap when I left the house who shouted at me and told me I must attach the chain when I am coming and going. I told him no - explained my reason and he went off like a firecracker at me. This morning he was huddled in conversation with one of the other neighbours - both bored retirees. It has got to the stage where I dread leaving the house or coming home.

I consider this approach trespass and am seeking help and or advice from anyone who might have some experience in this field for advice.

I look forward to hearing from anyone out there who can advise my position!!!

03/04/2017 13:04

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband