Landlord rights to install CCTV in property

You are here : Member Forums Other Landlord rights to install CCTV in property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Sam74
5 Posts
1 Thanks

I have experienced anti-social behaviour problems (e.g. dumping of rubbish, minor damages to communal aras, dogs fowling in garden, late night noise/ comings & goings etc.) at a property (7 s/c flats in a block)& am considering installing CCTV cameras to try & prevent this or at least identify the culprits & hold them to account. Please can you advise on the legal position of a landlord to install CCTV to the communal areas of a block of flats (inside - entrance hall, stairwell & outside - gardens, parking area)? Do I need permission from existing tenants? Do I have a legal obligation to inform tenants, & if so what form does this need to take (verbal, written, notice period etc.)? Are there restrictions on where/ how many cameras I can place around a property? Do I need to install any signage informing tenants (or members of the public) that there is CCTV surveillance? Anything else I should be aware of?

21/04/2017 15:14

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions