Ending of tenancy

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Ending of tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Dopeyme
29 Posts
0 Thanks

Dear All
I am worried about doing this wrong so will ask for your input.
I need to evict my tenant who is in arrears with rent, is not accepting any communication and is very good at causing problems and aggressive texts.
I believe I need to give either a section 8 or section 21 notice, according to the tenants agreement I need to give 2 months notice and (I think I am correct) I need to give 2 months notice on the notices to quit.
However the AST agreement end date is less than 2 months away, the agreement then becomes a periodic with a monthly end date. (Am I correct so far with what I think?)
So if my understanding of NTQ's is correct I have to wait for the day after the end date for the agreement as an AST before issuing the notice.
Is this right? and do I have to go to court to have this notice actioned if the tenant does not defend the action?
I have made so many mistakes with renting out my flat and the tenant is so quick to jump on any opportunity that I really want to do this right so I can get posset ion of my property.
Thanks for your help

23/04/2017 18:25

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions