Repair problems

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Repair problems
O
Oliver Tickner
7 Posts
0 Thanks

I'd love to hear people's advice on this:

We have a 2 bed 2 bath flat which is currently being rented out. In one of the bathrooms the shower appears to cut out after 5 mins of running on pipping hot (bath runs normally and shower runs normally as long as not turned to max hot).

It was reported to us 6 weeks ago by the tenant and since then we have had 2 different plumbers in, replaced a number of parts and spent getting on to 1000 to try and fix it, but without resolution to date. The delays are because the plumbers have been slow (we sacked the first one because he was taking so long) and because different parts were being ordered and then waiting for. We're now waiting for another part to come and then we will try that.

The tenant isn't happy and is now suggesting he bring his own plumbers in and charge us for their and his time to solve the problem - I expect he's also after a rent reduction.

A note - we haven't been 'cheap' on plumbers - these are experienced guys (one was the original plumber that fitted the shower 3 years) and like I say the tenant can run a warm shower and bath in that bathroom or have a shower in the second bathroom.

Any thoughts?

24/04/2017 15:45

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband