Section 13 Rent Increase

You are here : Member Forums Other Section 13 Rent Increase
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Z
ZFH
32 Posts
1 Thanks

I wish to raise my tenant's rent after 7 years at the same rent. They are on a periodic tenancy this last 6 years. 2 questions:

1. On looking at the RLA Section 13 I was surprised to find it is only me as the landlord who signs. Presumably then the tenant doesn't sign anything?? Do I give the tenant this form and just keep a copy for myself? (Tenancy in England)
  2. I mentioned in an email that I wished to raise the rent to £600 pcm from a certain date (which was about 6 weeks ahead at the time). I didn't get a response for about 2 and a half weeks until I texted her, when she replied straight away apologising that she had been so busy at work and not looked at her emails at home lately. She answered another question from my email but didn't refer to the rent increase. QUESTION: Can I raise the rent from the original date I planned? OR do I defer the increase to a month later? I will be seeing her in a few days to do a regular inspection but also to give her the Section 13 form.

I AM KEEN TO GET THIS CORRECT AND NOT MAKE A MISTAKE !
Thanks

27/04/2017 00:05

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband