Specific mention of risks to lodgers in Excluded tenancy agreement

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Specific mention of risks to lodgers in Excluded tenancy agreement
V
Valerie Hall
1 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi, I've been using your Excluded tenancy agreement for lodgers but recent events have made me mindful of the following and wondered if I should allow for these somehow:

1. The clause D1, insuring against "other usual risks" - what does this include/refer to? How would something be deemed to be a "usual" risk or not?
  2. There is no clause stating lodgers are on the property at their own risk. Is this due to specific legal reasons? If not, and there is no reason not to, how can I insert such a clause into the agreement I give to my lodgers?
  3. There is no clause stating that lodgers should be responsible for insuring their own belongings if they wish; nor that they should lock their rooms when they are going to be absent from the property. Again, is there a reason why/why not?

28/04/2017 23:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband