Is there a reason why 'payment for pest control' isn't on the RLA tenancy Agreement

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Is there a reason why 'payment for pest control' isn't on the RLA tenancy Agreement
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
F
figgy
18 Posts
2 Thanks

Some time ago when perusing the forums I saw a post from a landlord writing they always added a specific clause to their addendum on the lines of 'the tenant is responsible for the cost of pest control'. It seemed quite a good idea.
Now one of my tenants has got mice. I have given them all the info on storing food properly and keeping the garden tidy etc and as a customer service said I would pay for the council to visit but only this first time.
I wondered if there is any reason why it isn't in section B of the RLA AST's to back up the section about keeping a property clean.
I haven't been able to find the post again so I'm not 100% sure of how it was worded.

08/05/2017 00:22

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband