Tenancy coming to an end

You are here : Member Forums Other Tenancy coming to an end
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
O
Oliver Tickner
7 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi there - we have a tenant moving out of our property after 3 years next month and I was wondering if you guys had any information around non-contentious end of tenancy agreement? I was after some advice on what is reasonable to ask to see from him before he leaves and has his deposit returned (which is registered with Deposit Guard). How does this process normally run?

Presumably it is fair to ask for copies of up-to-date and fully settled utility and local authority bills?

I also suspect that he has been airbnb-ing the property (although I can't prove it) - and thought it may be worth getting him to sign a statement saying that he hadn't done so over the period for my records - is that worth doing?

What is a reasonable amount of time within which to return the deposit? I have a sinking feeling that there may be one or two issues which will need to be discussed with the tenant and I expect we'll have to get cleaners in etc.

As always - your advice, experience and thoughts would be most welcome. Many thanks

18/05/2017 14:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband