Messy end of tenancy

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Messy end of tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Dean Carpenter
5 Posts
0 Thanks

Some general advice would be appreciated:

I rent a property through an agent of a national chain of estate agents; they are not very good to say the least and I've ended up doing most of the spade work so I issued them notice to terminate our agreement for just one of the properties I own leaving them holding on by the skin of their teeth with another.

At the same time the tenants in the first property decided to play around with rent delays, etc so i decided not to renew their AST. The legal arm of the managing agent issued the tenant a "notice of possession" with formal termination 2 weeks ago (3rd May).

The tenant is now refusing to leave. They have apparently paid the agent last week (one week late) but the agent has not paid me (I'm not worried about this yet).

The agent has now sent me a letter acknowledging termination of services. I have been paying them insurance for rent/legal fees, so are they duty bound to evict this tenant or do I have to DIY, which makes the insurance payments wasted?

What happens to the deposit that the agent paid into a scheme?

19/05/2017 12:13

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband