Tenant has passed on

You are here : Member Forums Other Tenant has passed on
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Ray
70 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi Guys, can you please help?

I had a tenant who refused to leave my property, I went to the family for help but the refused because they no dealt with her because he had become a drug user.

Anyway long story short this tenant this tenant passed on about 10 days back and no one has been at the property for over a week.

I bumped into her daughter yesterday who informed me they would be taking her belongings out but she stated it will be about 4 weeks!!

This tenant has been in arrears since january and there is no one on the tenancy agreement only her husband,, who left her 2 years ago.

So the question i wanted to ask is..

Do i have to wait 4 weeks for her daughter (who is not on tenancy agreement) to move her belongings or Can I say to her, you have 1 week for example and i am taking house back.

I want to show some remorse but think her daughter is taking the mickey, she knows we are not getting paid any rent and she wants us to wait upto 4 weeks!

Can i now legally go in because basically the house has been empty for over a week?

any helps would be much appreciated

26/05/2017 10:48

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions