End of tenancy, unpaid rent, tenant disappeared, but....

You are here : Member Forums Other End of tenancy, unpaid rent, tenant disappeared, but....
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
Newlandlord
4 Posts
1 Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have new question to ask the forum;

My tenant, who was the only named on the agreement, moved out without paying last month's rent. The deposit is just about to cover the cost of repairs. The tenant moved out to another country within the EU and blocked me from contacting him so I'm guessing there isn't much I can do.

But, it now turns out the tenant was subletting one of the bedrooms to other people (which was against the agreement). I have received no payments from them, but according to the bills which are now coming through the post, they were named on water bills meaning they were living there for some time. They were also applying for loans! These men are still in the UK, and I might be able to find their addresses.

Do I have right to fight for the unpaid rent from them? And cost of the repair of the flat over and above the deposit?

31/05/2017 15:50

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions