data protection information

You are here : Member Forums Letting Agents data protection information
A
AJ
22 Posts
0 Thanks

I have used a letting agent for the first time. The agent did all the referencing and the checks and got photocopy of the passports for both tenants. he informed me they both had British passports but did not tell me that one of them was not born in England. i met one of the tenants and accepted his wife without meeting her as the pair are moving up from london. when I have asked for the copies of the passports wage slips etcetera I've been told by the agent due to data protection he cannot give me copies of these documents so i have no details of previous addresses or dates of birth or NI numbers. due to the right to rent laws i feel as though i should be able to have this informations the agent correct. he says i am a third party and so not entitled to this info. i am now tacking over the management f this tenancy as i used the find a tenant and referencing only service. he says he has used a referencing service to gain his information.

12/06/2017 14:29

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband