Tenant not paying the rent

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Tenant not paying the rent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Dee22
20 Posts
1 Thanks

Hi all

This is the next stage of my sorry story with the current tenants. They owe me £3500 in rent arrears. I went the S21 route to speed the eviction process up and have just filed N325 and await a date for the bailiffs to evict.

My questions are:

1 What's the best way to get a CCJ against them? I have very little chance of getting the owed money (she has become unemployed and he is still working albeit restricted hours and has simply chosen not to pay his rent or any part of it), but I want to make it as difficult as possible for them to rent in the private sector in future.
2 If I do MCOL, is it best to get an Attachment of Earnings? the problem is I don't know where he is currently employed. Any other options?
3 I asked for them to pay court costs but of course they didn't pay before the date specified by court so does this mean they will automatically get a CCJ against them?
4 When they go to the council asking to be rehoused, will the council contact me to ask if they have paid the rent? I tried phoning the council but they weren't interested in my story.

Thank you everyone

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
20/06/2017 16:35

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband