Property Fire checks and provision of fire blankets and extinguishers

You are here : Member Forums Other Property Fire checks and provision of fire blankets and extinguishers
R
Roger Stanley
4 Posts
0 Thanks

I am the Landlord of a one bedrommed flat in a 3 storey block of flats built 6 years ago by Calla Homes. It is of brick construction with a pitched tiled roof and has a Juliet type of balcony. No sprinkler system but has a smoke alarm system. No cladding or gas is installed in any of the buildings.
Thank you in anticipation for your help in this matter.
Roger

Although it is of recent construction do you think I should have the building and my flat checked / inspected by the local Fire Department? The Land Lord is Hazelvine who manage the total development. Is it their responsibility to undertake such checks and if so should I request this check to be done or initiate it my self?
Also as the freehold is owned by a company separate from Hazelvine would it be their responsibility for ensuring the property meets the current fire regulations?
In shor I wish to ensure that I am meeting my legal responsibility for protecting my tenants from any potential fire risk.

Also is it my responsibility to have all electrical appliances checked professionally against fire risk and provide extinguishers and a fire blanket?

28/06/2017 12:42

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband