You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears MCOL
Forum Avatar
20 Posts
1 Thanks

Hi all
I have a date for the bailiffs to evict my tenants. I took the S21 route for accelerated possession but they will have arrears of around £4k by the time they are evicted. I'm thinking of making a Money Claim Online mainly to get a CCJ against them (which will be helpful for future landlords). In reality I know I'm unlikely to recover any of the debt as 1 tenant is now unemployed and the other seems to be a contract worker (so getting an attachment of earnings order will probably be a waste of time). So this has become a matter of principal and my question is:

Can I get the CCJ on the tenants regardless of whether I try to recover the debt and how long does it stay on their records?


03/07/2017 09:08

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband

Share this page