Pet policy to be incorporated into RLA tenancy template?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Pet policy to be incorporated into RLA tenancy template?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
HappyHome
4 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi
Been trying to rent out my flat but have plenty of competitions around the area so it's a price war. As a speedy measure, I have been asked if I would accept a couple that has a kid and 5 cats for my small 1 bed flat.
I have two issues as such -

1) I couldn't find a document sample from RLA for Pets policy. Is there an updated RLA sample tenancy agreement that comes with pets policy or a copy that anyone cares to share? What are the things that I need to look out for in terms of pets or children for that matter?

2) I spoke to the freeholder management company and was told it costs:
£130 to register new tenancy, £65 to renew later for consent to sublet plus £80 to get consent for pets. The charges seem excessive though from freeholder management. Wondering if anyone came across this and is it reasonable for a freeholder to ask this much even before I could get a decent rental payment to offset mortgage?

04/07/2017 02:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband