Pet policy to be incorporated into RLA tenancy template?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Pet policy to be incorporated into RLA tenancy template?
Forum Avatar
HappyHome
4 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi
Been trying to rent out my flat but have plenty of competitions around the area so it's a price war. As a speedy measure, I have been asked if I would accept a couple that has a kid and 5 cats for my small 1 bed flat.
I have two issues as such -

1) I couldn't find a document sample from RLA for Pets policy. Is there an updated RLA sample tenancy agreement that comes with pets policy or a copy that anyone cares to share? What are the things that I need to look out for in terms of pets or children for that matter?

2) I spoke to the freeholder management company and was told it costs:
£130 to register new tenancy, £65 to renew later for consent to sublet plus £80 to get consent for pets. The charges seem excessive though from freeholder management. Wondering if anyone came across this and is it reasonable for a freeholder to ask this much even before I could get a decent rental payment to offset mortgage?

04/07/2017 02:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband