Wording to be Inserted into AST?

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Wording to be Inserted into AST?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Al_605
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I have recently signed up to the deposit protection scheme offered by Tenancy Deposit Solutions Ltd.

Having done this I wanted to know what wording needed to be added to the AST, ready for tenants that are moving in 1st May.

I found this on their FAQ webpage:

"14. Do I have to insert a clause into my tenancy agreement stating that I am a member of your scheme?

No. Tenancy Deposit Solutions will issue you with a Deposit Protection Certificate (as well as sending a copy to the tenant) which will provide all the necessary information about the protected deposit required by law. You therefore do not have to state in your agreements that any deposit taken is protected by our scheme. In addition, you are free to be a member of several schemes at the same time and pick and choose how you wish to protect certain deposits. A generic statement in your agreements about deposit protection could be confusing to the tenant who would not know which scheme his deposit was protected with."

[Source: http://www.mydeposits.co.uk/landlords/how.aspx]

This suggests that nothing needs to be added to the AST. However I wanted make sure my understanding is correct, and also find out the stance of the RLA on whether wording should be added to AST regarding DPS.

If there is a suggested wording to be added it would be much appreciated if you could provide it.

24/04/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband