Questionable tenant

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Questionable tenant
J
Jane Lo
328 Posts
70 Thanks

I have a tenant who has been a bother from the start: Accidentally turned off the gas, didn't mention leak until the kitchen cupboard is sodden, furniture decomposing in the garden, pays rent but has had months it has come in drips and drabs etc High maintanance but pays rent. When she leaves the house will need some serious work doing, complete redecoration, new kitchen, new carpets etc.
She has a tumultuous relationship with boyfriend who, after a row, texts me. I have told him I can't talk to him as he is not my tenant but he continues. He tells me she owes £2000 to power co, having never paid for power and they are threatening to install a meter. Pay as you go I assume.
Not sure whether I should act or not. SHe is in remission from cancer and has 4 young children so I have always cut her some slack in the past.
Oh wise and experienced ones - do you have any thoughts? Leave her be as long as she pays rent? or ask her to leave and face the refurbishment effort and costs?

16/07/2017 08:45

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband