Terminating Tenancy Agreement with a clean break

You are here : Member Forums Access Terminating Tenancy Agreement with a clean break
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
hanav
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear sirs

I have an existing AST agreement with a letting agent of the 'Letting and Rent administration type', that ends at the end of March. I served the letting agent with a 3 month notice to terminate the agreement and said that I did not wish to renew it. The Agents have served two months notice to the tenant to leave at the end of the one year period.

However, as I have agreed to keep the existing tenants after the termination of this agreement, the agency have cottoned on and are now demanding that I will need to pay renewal fees for letting and that I can not simply kick them out as it goes against their agreed terms and conditions which were signed at start of the agreement.

My question is; Can the letting agency do this or are they just calling my bluff? I'd appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Kind regards

Concerned Landlord

29/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions