Council Tax Proof

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Council Tax Proof
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Feline
35 Posts
3 Thanks

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

I gave a tenant notice to leave by 1st December 2016. He has told the council he left earlier, so they are refusing to amend the council tax to reflect when I actually told the property back. I believe he partly moved out and started another tenancy and is using this to say he should not pay for my property.
The council has written to me asking for his AST and the notice given to him. This to times I am fine to provide. What i am concerned about is they are asking for Evidence of returning of deposit or documents to show why i did not return and Evidence that he remained in the property till 1st December.
As he stopped paying rent before leaving I applied and was successful at keeping his full deposit. I can show this with paperwork but I am concerned that they are asking for information beyond their remit! The last part of the info requested I do not have proof on, only legally I could not take back the property or enter it.
I would appreciate an references on Council tax guide lines Councils are required to follow.

20/07/2017 15:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband