exceeding the agreed contract moving out date

You are here : Member Forums Other exceeding the agreed contract moving out date
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
London1981
5 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi
my tenants have agreed to moving out on 26th August. However, when I asked for a convenient time to collect their keys, they asked to hand their keys on Thursday or leave the keys somewhere for me to pick up later. As they have been vert difficult and rude tenants throughout their stay, I don't want to allow for extra time as a good will gesture.
They can only return the keys the earliest by 11pm!! I have explained that i have an early flight the next day and the latest I can do is 10pm. They responded by, well the contract is in our name until 26th July, so you can then pay us the two hours (22:00-24:00). I was quite astonished by this! and wouldn't know how to calculate hourly.
So I've said the keys will be collected by midnight on the 26th. I just want to know if they do go over onto Thursday early hours of the morning, surely they would expect the same rules to apply i.e. they would have to pay for the time they go over after midnight 26th. Any idea on how this could be calculated per hour?
Not sure if the £1,100 monthly rent would be used to calculate this, or would there be some penalty % applied... the contract used (and for the last time) is the one on Openrent.

Many thanks,

23/07/2017 20:31

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband