Alternative accommodation during invasive works

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Alternative accommodation during invasive works
3 Posts
0 Thanks

I own a small block of conversion flats. I have a flat which is vacant and I'm carrying out some refurb works on that. Once it's done I'd like to ask the tenant in the neighbouring flat whether he'd mind temporarily moving into that flat whilst I install some fireproofing under the floorboards in his flat.

The works would take a few weeks but its invasive and he couldn't live there whilst it's being done. He's on a periodic tenancy in his flat.

My question is, if he agrees to this, what kind of agreement do we put in place for this? I don't want to create a new tenancy with him on this new property as its larger and a good few hundred pounds more expensive per month than the one he lives in now.
Thanks so much

08/08/2017 13:24

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband

Share this page