What would you say? Advice required ...

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion What would you say? Advice required ...
E
elbowe
2,773 Posts
671 Thanks

So .. small potted history.

3 bed house, nice tenants, been there 18 months, I've just done a lot of work to the place. All great. finish work, week later, they hand notice in (they have an offer they cannot refuse of a house in the country, I tell them all that glitters is not necessarily gold etc). They moan because I'm possibly going to hold them to the correct notice period. Anyway, I move heaven and earth and find a really decent tenant in desperate need for a house (current landlord selling) and new tenant in tears when I tell her she has the house. Move in date 1st September. a month early and so both sides very happy! All good.

I just get a call from existing tenant "we cannot move out, the owner of the house is now selling it and we are in pieces, we are so sorry, didn't want this to happen etc etc".

I told him trust lost etc ... bla bla ... told them I'm now the meat in the sandwich ...

Thoughts?

10/08/2017 12:55

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband