Getting billed for a police break in

You are here : Member Forums Access Getting billed for a police break in
Kevin C.
11 Posts
0 Thanks

My new tenant ( to the owner or occupier) has received a demand for £204 from a boarding up and lock changing company after the police forced an entry into a flat I own where the tenant had collapsed and requested the ambulance but he died before the ambulance arrived.
The police would not hand the keys over to me but to the deceased's brother. My door was damaged and a cheap hasp and padlock was used.
Eventually when I took possession I had to have a new door fitted. I got no assistance or compensation from the police.
Do I ignore the demand or contact them and suggest they recover from the police or the brother?

14/08/2017 13:07

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband

Share this page