Return of deposit from agent

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Return of deposit from agent
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
4 Posts
0 Thanks
The agent I have been using for the last 10 years to manage 5 properties closed down without giving me any proper notice. They assumed that I would be happy for them just to hand my properties over to another letting agent, well I wasn't!! 4 of them have long term tennants and I have decided to manage them myself. My old agent is at present refusing to return the tennants deposits so that I can put them into one of the deposit schemes. These deposits are at present not in any scheme as they were paid between 2 and 5 years ago. The total ammount is over 2000. The old agent is also holding some of last months rents. I think he is upset with me as he had an agreement with the new agent to receive some form of comission for handing the properties over, as I will not be using the new agent he is very upset with me. Oh one other thing the only contact number I now have for him is a mobile number but this is either switched off or never answered.
24/04/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions