Tenant wants to use his garden shed in my property's garden for his business

You are here : Member Forums Other Tenant wants to use his garden shed in my property's garden for his business
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
Stephen C
6 Posts
1 Thanks

My tenant wants to start his own home improvement/ kitchen fitting business. He has built his own shed in the back garden of my property and I believe intends to use it to build small items for his business. I contacted my insurer about this and they said that I 'as a Landlord would be responsible for checking the health and safety Risk Management surrounding his business and would be required to keep a log / evidence , should there be a claim as insurers would need sight of this.' Can any body help on this? What does it mean? What officially is a log, i.e. has some govt or other body defined what a log should be - what it has to describe, how often things have to be 'logged' etc? Also how do I check the health and saftey of his business? He would be cutting up and drilling things in his shed. And probably wanting to light the shed from the mains in my property.

15/08/2017 11:33

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband