do i need a new epc

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion do i need a new epc
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Mike_491
108 Posts
4 Thanks

The new spouse of my tenant has moved in and a new tenancy agreement signed by both of them.

I think, deep down, i know the answers to the first of these questions but want to make sure that i am doing the right thing so will be grateful for clarification.

Although a copy of the current epc has to be given to a new tenant moving in when one tenant moves out, does this rule apply to a spouse of the current tenant moving in as i cant imagine the husband/wife refusing to move in with their other half on the basis that they do not like the contacts of the epc.

Secondly, the epc originaly given to the current tenant has run out, do i need to commission a new epc immediately or prior to the next renewal, or do i only need to commission one when the current tenants move out and before the property is marketed to prospective tenants ?

Finally, what can i do if the tenant refuses to allow entry for commission of an epc?

Many thanks in advance

25/08/2017 13:06

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband