Student lets

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Types and Management Student lets
13 Posts
1 Thanks


I've been a landlord for over 15 years and have a portfolio which includes a HMO. My daughter is going to Uni for the first time and we have received the tenancy agreement for the student accommodation. I'm concerned that the agreement seems to suggest that they can charge her for damage to common areas within the flat she'll share with up to 9 other students.

I've always accepted that this would be unenforceable in my HMO so have always accepted that damage to common areas is my risk. Can someone please advise on the wording below?


"Contents" means the furnishings, fixtures and fittings in the Room or Flat Common Areas as listed on the inventory to be provided to you on moving-in to the Room

"Flat Common Areas" means the Flat, other than the Room and other rooms within the Flat (to be occupied exclusively by other tenants of the Flat)

  1. 10.

26/08/2017 09:53

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband

Share this page