TDS refund

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits TDS refund
Forum Avatar
Purple Bunny
204 Posts
42 Thanks

I think we have had two tricky tenants but the good news is they left when the tenancy agreement ended on 31st July.

In RLA agreement, it is very clear that tenants have to prove they have paid the last utility, council tax bills before
the deposit is released. We are still waiting for council tax and water payment proof from them. I am also waiting for an invoice
to show the previous tenants how much we spent on repairs.

The reason I post this message is - the tenants tried to delay the rental payment few times by confusing us the dates and
calculation; they did not respond to sign the inventory since they moved in; they did not have our agreement before they went ahead to pay a cheap cleaning job at the end of the tenancy before their departure. I am worried they are playing tricks to blame us we delayed the time to refund the tenancy deposit. Is it possible??? What should we do if they did not respond at all? Perhaps they know we realise we are going to chase other bills? Thank you

29/08/2017 07:23

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband