Disputed Bill For Unnecessary Works

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy Disputed Bill For Unnecessary Works
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
RLA Member_570
2 Posts
0 Thanks
In January, an unoccupied property of mine in Burnley, had the back door kicked in and the front ground floor window smashed. The person next door telephoned me (I had asked him to keep an eye on the property) and I made immediate arrangements to securely board the property.

Unknown to me the Council had inspected the property just before I had made it secure, and had arranged, under Emergency Powers, for steel panels to be fitted. They were fitted over my boards although the property had obviously already been made secure by me. I have telephoned and written to the Council asking them to cancel their invoice but they still insist that I pay the costs of the works, which comes to almost 200.00.

Please advise, are the Council right in insisting that I pay this bill (I do feel they should have spoken to me first, they have my contact details) or should I continue to dispute it, and if so, what further action should I take.

Yours faithfully,

Jeff Lawson

08/05/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions