Do I just say good bye to rent arrears?

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Do I just say good bye to rent arrears?
S
Sam
13 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi, I have a tenant that has been paying me for 1 1/2 years from her housing benefit, started going wrong in March 17. I would say I have been helpful and understanding, naive possibly. She is saying things like mental illness and logged with Dr, when I have asked about late payments in April, it was dog died, mum in hospital etc etc. So contacted council and started getting paid her portion direct to me, then it stopped and council will not talk to me as to why. She has since been served a S21 which ends in Oct, and has said she is moving out next week, then next week etc. Meanwhile i have mentinoed the debt and she kicked off big time saying the notice is illegal, i am to blame for her illness, the council have told her to fight me over it. Do i just sit back and let the solicitors do there thing with the S21 or do i still try to ask for my ever increasing rent arrears. I tried to get from her Universal Credits but she kicked off saying she will not move out if i touch it. I have her ex husband as guarantor but he has dissappeard off the face of the earth. I am a little concerned she has rented to others and moved out anyway. Which i am unable to establish as know she will say i am harrassing if i turn up, as she has instructed me not to.

I have tried several times to book a 6mth check as in my councils scheme, but she will not allow access. I have also got the estate agents that moved her in involved so another recognised body has documented the no access allowed. How do i progress, or should i just wait.

01/09/2017 11:03

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband