Mandatory Fire Inspection

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Mandatory Fire Inspection
A
Andy_755
11 Posts
1 Thanks

I have a leaseholder for one of the flats I am the freeholder for inform me that they are going through the process of evicting their tenant and as such I am not likely to gain access to the flat until the eviction is completed some months from now. As the Fire Alarm check is required in the next couple of weeks which requires access to all flats to carry out I am concerned that I will be in breach of my duties as a freeholder if I am unable to gain entrance to said flat.

What are my options as I have emailed the leaseholder and tenant and informed them that if we are restricted on the day of the fire alarm inspection from entering the flat to carry out the necessary checks then they will both be liable for the cost of the retest. However the tenant is not going to care and leaseholder is pretty useless so am concerned that if the situation is ongoing the fire alarm check will be overdue.

02/09/2017 19:36

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband