tenant stretching patience!

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy tenant stretching patience!
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
bailey123
113 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi I left a previous post but things have developed from there. One of the issues I have is a dictatorial tenant towards work people, I have found and building a good relationship with (so hard to find workmen I can trust! gold dust! Especially when have been ripped off by cowboys in the past). So, I am fitting new windows for my tenant - the guy fitting them turned up this morning as arranged (he lives quite far from the property) and my tenant wasn't there as arranged. I had offered for someone else to be there to gain access, sent keys to workmen, and given plenty of notice. He had agreed to be in as he didn't want strangers in the house. When I called him, he was somewhere else and said, why did he not come yesterday to fit them (that was not the arrangement at all) and also suggested that he could come back at 1p.m. which was impossible as the guy needs the whole day to do the work. He has also verbally abused the electricians on the phone on two occasions. The dramas I am having with this tenant are ludicrous when I am paying for lots of work at his request and I have offered to have someone there with a key so they don't have to wait in!!

What can I do? Can I charge him for the day that my window man has lost in work? Is there any breach of contract he has done with being verbally abusive? (I use the RLA contract).

Many thanks

25/04/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband