Completing N119 after serving a section 8 for rent arrears.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Completing N119 after serving a section 8 for rent arrears.
Forum Avatar
TBS
4 Posts
0 Thanks

I have served a section 8 on a Tenant after arrears totalling 10 months. I have served a section 21 before and thought the tenant had left the property so mistakenly didn't pursue and this has now lapsed.

After writing constant reminders to the tenant for non payment and serving a section 8 the tenant has made no contact with my self. I have since bumped into the tenant and he gave his reason for non payment due to apparent issues with the bedsit. He never mensioned these issues before now.

I will be rectifying these minor issues immediately ( window jamming slightly, apparent mouse problem although other tenants in the HMO have never noted this).

The tenant has also been verbally abusive to a couple of the other tenants for no reason.

I want to serve the N119 and N5 court forms to evict this tenant immediately but would like some advice completing section 4 and any other advice on how to proceed.

Many thanks.

16/09/2017 14:08

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband