Heads up about an Energy perk for LL's

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Heads up about an Energy perk for LL's
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
1,731 Posts
690 Thanks

Hello colleagues.
In June I contacted EON as per when tenants vacated & I swap the Energy Account into my name until new tnts move in. Imagine my surprise when the operative took my readings for Gas & Electric saying I as Landlord could have 30 days free energy.
No, I said. Yes, he said.
Did all the refurb, workers had loads of power tools/equipment plugged in, etc. True to their word for 30 days, the whole kit & caboodle use of energy was at a Landlord Rate of Zero, the bill declared when it came. The catch was that I needed to call giving name/s of new tenant taking over responsibility for the Energy Account. No problem I said, because that's part of the induction process...in my presence. I speak to EON, then pass over the tnt to provide their bank dets for the pcm DD. I DO tell them to surf the net for cheaper-in reality they just go with the flow.

For those LL's doing major refurbs it's v useful to have 30 days free energy starting from the end date of the AST.
I was asked could I provide proof of the end of the AST if required & of course I concurred. That wasn't required. I reckon I saved £150.00 in energy use. Workman seem to each need a radio blaring away..and I suspect they also bring re-chargable power tools in from elsewhere to charge up overnight!

Whoever gives LL's ANYTHING foc..except free headaches & heartaches!
Well EON did.

This member has been thanked by 2 members for this post.
17/09/2017 20:20

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband