Urgent Safety Issue

You are here : Member Forums Maintenance Urgent Safety Issue
N
9 Posts
5 Thanks

As a reputable landlord and RLA member, I find my son in a position where the student let he has just moved into is barely livable.

The landlord has conveniently gone abroad for several weeks and is uncontactable, leaving his partner to try and muddle through our complaints of which there are many :-

No gas safety cert, no smoke alarms, no carbon monoxide detectors, shower cubicle unsafe to use (collapsing into floor), hob not working, back door unopenable, toilet door unclosable, no curtains, mould on walls left right and centre, chairs with missing legs.

We would never rent out a property in this condition. Where do we stand legally on moving out and getting our money back ? Unfortunately due to having our own new business and the problems passing credit checks, we have paid a year rent up front so can't simply stop paying. The place is an accident waiting to happen and I need to get my son out of there asap.
Urgent advice would by greatly appreciated. Thank you

17/09/2017 22:12

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband