tax on rental income

You are here : Member Forums Campaigning and Policy tax on rental income
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
BOBY
14 Posts
0 Thanks
My wife and i have a few buy to let properties, and let privately. We do not have a company etc. The properties are registered under my wife's sole name. She is in a full time employment and does not contribute in running the buy to let business. I run the business as a full time job. I am self employed and not engaged in any other job. My only income is from renting these properties. Our accountant has submited our tax return and claimed the rental income of the properties as my sole income, so I can get personl tax allowance as this is my only job. However, the taxman does not accept this and emphsises that as the properties are not under my name or joint names, so all income belong to my wife and taxable. he believes what I do(runing of the business), does not matter and I have no right to claim anything. Has anyone had a case like this? please please advice.

Thanks Boby

04/05/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband