Careless Tenants

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Careless Tenants
M
Marie Benn
26 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi everyone. I have three male tenants at the moment. Today I heard that the toilet seat has broken (I only bought it a couple of months ago from Homebase) and that the microwave has "black bubbles"! Could it need cleaning I ask - give me strength! If I have to replace this, it will be the cheapest one from Argos.

A couple of months ago, there was a leak from the bathroom, actually dripping through the ceiling downstairs. Of course, knowing how damaging water can be, I straight away called out an emergency plumber who was at the property for an hour and charged £100. The cause was the connection between the toilet and pipe had slightly come away, which he fixed. I advised the tenants to take more care.

A week ago had another call from one of the tenants saying there is another leak in the bathroom. OMG, again called out the plumber who went there that afternoon. After checking under the bath, sink and toilet, he informed me nothing seemed to be leaking, just that water was being splashed onto the floor when they showered/washed. He also advised that I should get tiles laid in the bathroom (at the moment there is cushion type lino, as I believe this to be warmer). I once again messaged them asking to wipe up any water on the floor resulting from their everyday showers.

It seems to me that as soon as the tenants see anything amiss, they are ringing/sending me messages to say something is wrong before carrying out any basic check themselves.

Advice please?

05/10/2017 19:35

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband