Landlord issue

You are here : Member Forums General Discussion Landlord issue
T
TABETSEY
9 Posts
0 Thanks

Hi

I live next door to a property owned by a private landlord. I own my property. They are 2 semi detached houses. The landlord has split my next door property into to 2 flats (just as a bit of background).

Landlords tenant has damaged my fence in my rear garden by piling up around 2-3 foot of soil and stones from their garden. This has resulted in my fence collapsing.

I showed the landlord the damage and he said leave it with me. I've subsequently contacted the landlord to ask when fence will be fixed and he's said "it is not his responsibility to bare the cost"

Does anybody know if it would be best to go via small claims court or is there another method of claim against this landlord please. This landlord has had several nightmare tenants in the properties, anti social behaviour, drug taking, the list goes on. Do private landlords have any sort of responsibility to neighbours of their property?

I would have liked to "private message" this to another member but unfortunately I cant as this function is not on RLA. RLA will this be looked at please?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

23/10/2017 10:26

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband