Deposit Scheme

You are here : Member Forums Other Deposit Scheme
thomas bob
6 Posts
0 Thanks

I have taken on a tenant from housing options and they have paid the admin fee and security bond for him. I have now become aware that he owes in excess of £700.00 for overpayments of housing benefits acrued in the past. because of his history his rent is been paid direct to me. Housing benefits has informed him that they will be deducting £11.10 per week from his rent. As in the past thes is done in the form of a recovery from what they pay me. He has assured me that after paying the servise charge [£25.00 p/w] he won't be able to make up the short fall in the rent. My question is, at the end of the tenantcy, will I be able to deduct any monies owed from the secuity deposit.

27/10/2017 12:53

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Landlord Broadband

Share this page